Meet Taygetos pyramid peak at 2407 meters, the roof of the Peloponnese… tough as only a solid rock can be! Exalted for its magnificence and revered for its challenging trail; an ascent to Taygetos summit is an unforgettable adventure and a life time experience.
Our adventure itinerary begins at 05:00 a.m, driving off road for 1,5 hours to reach Aghios Dimitrios, the hike starting point, going through Vassiliki forest up to reach the peak. The route initially traverses a forest of Greek fir (Abies cephalonica) and black pine, then continues through treeless high-altitude landscape with impressive rock formations. The stunning panoramic vistas will be the reward of your efforts. Our knowledgeable, exceptional guides lead the way—sharing Taygetos’s secrets, introducing you to valuable springs and old trees and imparting backpacking wisdom.
As we stand upon the summit, looking down on the valley floor, the deep blue sea in the horizon below and the sun rising in the distance, we revel in our accomplishments and in the tremendous journey we are enjoying. The ascent to the summit of Taygetos is not just a climb. It is an inner journey and a pilgrimage to a mountain so steeped in history and legend…
What is included
- Transfer with our four wheels drive vehicle from the starting to the ending point
- Professional instructions
- Professional guided experience and service
- Second guide for more than two people
Why do we recommend it?
- Take in scenic vistas, stone-carved features, and the magnificent forest of Vassiliki
- It has a breathtaking view of the whole Mani Peninsula
- We love hiking and this is our most challenging hike!
- Experienced and trusted professional mountain guide
Is it right for me?
- Taygetos hike to the peak is a demanding one. An above average physical fitness is required for this adventure.
- You’ll be hiking for around 6 hours
- Suitable for highly trained people and for people that have an experience in mountain hiking
- If you’re unsure, just get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to talk through and advise you.
Can I Go Anytime?
This tour is available mostly during summer season, more specifically from May to November. You can select your date during the booking process. We’ll then get back to you with the confirmation.
If you don’t find any dates that are suitable for you, just get in touch by phone or email and we’ll let you know if anything can be arranged. We always do our best to get you the holiday you want!
- Duration: Full day activity
- Meeting Point: Kardamili, including transportation with our vehicle, 05:30 a.m
- Hike starts: Aghios Dimitros, 1495 m. hight
- Tour Ends: Kardamili, aprox 16:00
- Group Size: max 6 people
- Age: Experienced adults and older, fit teens
Must have with
- Bottle of water – 1,5 litre
- Sunscreen (especially during summer months)
- Hiking shoes (low or high). Trainers, open shoes like sandals or flip-flops are unsuitable
- One day hiking lightweight backpack 20lt
- A spare T-shirt
- A long sleeve
- A wind stopper jacket
- Hiking Pants
- Hiking Socks
- Fleece jacket