West Mani has four gorges and Ridomo is for sure the most spectacular! Ridomo Gorge starts from the Taygetos ridgeline and fades into the Messinian Bay running all the way down to Sadova beach, forming a natural boundary of the western Mani. During our hike you will be more than impressed by the rich geologic features of the gorge, with its evident stratification of rocks, its burst of intense rock color palette, being in perfect match with its splendid greenery.
This is an esoteric, almost mystical experience that we can hardly put into words. The adventure starts with a 30-minute drive with our vehicle from Kardamili, all the way up to Vorio village, where the hiking part starts. We walk downhill to reach the riverbed, entering a land of fairies for an one way hike! We leave the rest to your imagination!
Lovers of adventure and vibrant colors will find that Ridomo’s spirited ambience and rich landscape are not to be missed!
What is included
- Professional guide service
- Free of charge transfer to the starting point and return
Why Do We Recommend It?
- A little visited destination with a spectacular scenery
- Trekking in a truly unique landscape
- An authentic and rewarding trek
- This is a great trip for adults and fit, older teens
- Incredibly photogenic landscape
- Ideal for the summer time, as the walk is in shade
- Experienced and trusted tour leader
Is it right for me?
- This is not an extreme hike, but hiking in a gorge like Ridomo can still provide a challenge. You should be fit enough to walk for a few hours at a time and be ready to climb up in some parts of the route.
- This is a great tour for individual, solo travelers, families with older teens, as well as small groups or couples.
- If you’re not sure about your level of fitness and suitability to this trip, just get in touch and we’ll be happy to talk it through with you
Can I Go Anytime?
This tour is available during the whole year. Winter and spring trips are largely dependent on the on the rainfalls and the weather but are still possible. You can select your date during the booking process. We’ll then get back to you with the confirmation.
If you don’t find any dates that are suitable for you, just get in touch by phone or email and we’ll let you know if anything can be arranged. We always do our best to get the trip that suits you best.
Keep in mind
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Difficulty: Medium
- Meeting Point: Kardamili, aprox 08:00 a.m
- Tour Ends: Kardamili, aprox 13:00- 14:00
- Group Size: max 6 people
- Age: No limit, young children with some hiking experience.
Must have with
- Bottle of water – 1,5 litre
- Sunscreen (especially during summer months)
- Hiking shoes (low or high) or hiking sandals. Open shoes like summer sandals or flip-flops are unsuitable
- One day hiking backpack 20lt (if available)
- A spare T-shirt
- A wind stopper jacket
- A snack