The quiet, unspoiled west Mani mountainous villages are waiting to be discovered on this half day guided cycling tour. Pedal away from the busy tourist hotspots and find traditional, stone-built villages perched on hills where warm and friendly local people make a living tending their fields, serving hearty homemade food in small tavernas and coffee shops and picking the fresh produce grown there – tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, figs, eggs and homemade, traditional cheese.
While west Mani beaches fill with tourists during the summer, cycling will take you to quiet places and to its unspoiled heart, where nature thrives and life remains largely unchanged. The mountainous area is really quiet, and an ideal location for cycling. Pedal along deserted roads and quiet tracks where you’re more likely to meet a goat or maybe a wild boar, than another tourist.
This is an exceptional opportunity to cycle through the West Mani’s culture, history and nature. From the mountain villages down to the coast line, this ride is the best way to explore and experience the area, seeing all the beautiful details … that you’d never see from a car seat!
Regarding the itinerary and the starting point, this cycling tour can be tailored to meet your family or small group’s preferences with distances, fitness levels, type of bikes and time spent on the saddle, all designed to give you an experience that is unique as well as genuinely rewarding.
What is included
- Professional guide service
- Fitness bikes, trekking bikes (and e-bikes upon request)
Why Do We Recommend It?
- A highly adjustable, well supported ride for both experienced and inexperienced riders
- Cycling with a spectacular view from the mountain all the way down to the coast
- Incredible breakfast next to spring water and wonderfully friendly locals
- Experienced and trusted tour leader
Is it right for me?
Of course, it helps to be fit and active and to have some experience of road cycling. But, it’s OK if this is your first cycle tour. Our van is always available and you can jump on in case you need to rest.
This tour is suitable for solo travelers or couples and even groups of friends and families with older teens. It’s a great trip to discover a beautiful and fascinating little part of the world, mountainous west Mani, while living a healthy and active lifestyle.
Can I Go Anytime?
This tour is available throughout the whole year. You can select your date during the booking process. We’ll then get back to you with the confirmation.
If you don’t find any dates that are suitable for you, just get in touch by phone or email and we’ll let you know what we can arrange for you. We always do our best to get the experience that suits you best.
Keep in mind
- Duration: approx. 4-5 hours
- Difficulty: Medium
- Meeting Point: Kardamili, aprox 07:00 a.m.
- Tour Ends: Stoupa, approx. 11:30 a.m.
- Group Size: max 6 people
- Age: No limit, children above 12 years old.
Must have with
- Bottle of water – 1,5 litre
- Sunscreen (especially during summer months)
- Hiking shoes (low or high) or trainers, hiking sandals. Open shoes like summer sandals or flip-flops are unsuitable
- One day hiking backpack 20lt (if available)
- A spare T-shirt
- A wind stopper jacket